Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs) are fixed rate investments. That means the day you decide you're ready to invest, you'll know exactly how much interest you’ll earn on your deposit by the end of your term.
- Choose how long you want to invest. Cambrian offers GIC terms from one year to five years, all with high interest rates.
- Save on taxes. All our GICs are RRSP, RRIF and TFSA eligible.
- Choose when you want your interest paid. We offer interest payouts monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
- Non-redeemable prior to maturity
- Renew easily. We'll notify you just before your investment matures, and if you choose to you can renew it yourself in online banking
- 100% Deposit Guarantee. Our Deposit Guarantee means that all dollars on deposit with Cambrian Credit Union are 100% guaranteed by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba
Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC): GICs require a minimum deposit of $1,000
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP): RRSP term deposits require a minimum balance of $1,000
- Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSA): TFSA term deposits require a minimum balance of $1,000
- Cambrian Connect GICs: Term deposits available for a minimum balance of $100 for all members 22 years old or younger
- Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF): RRIF term deposits require a minimum balance of $1000